Waynesboro Heritage Museum
Located in a renovated 1908 bank building at the corner of Main Street and Wayne Avenue, the Waynesboro Heritage Museum portrays the history of Waynesboro through permanent and rotating exhibits. Originally called “Teasville,” in 1797, the town was eventually named for Brigadier General Anthony Wayne. Its history includes the railroads that spurred the community’s growth, the annexing of a little community called “Basic City,” and the industries that sustained the growth. The Waynesboro Heritage Foundation also operates the Plumb House Museum.
Image: Public Domain