St. John’s Church (Hampton)
Established in 1610, St. John’s is the oldest continuous English-speaking parish in the United States. Since 1728, the church has stood at its present location on Queen’s Way in Hampton. It is the only building that survived damage sustained in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812 and the burning of Hampton during the Civil War. A stained-glass window in the Georgian brick church depicts the baptism of Pocahontas. A small museum in the parish hall holds a Bible from 1599 and other colonial-era artifacts. Additionally communion silver dating to 1618 is still used on special occasions.