Gibson Chapel Memorial and Martha Bagby Battle House, Blue Ridge School
The Gibson Chapel and Martha Bagby Battle House are located on the grounds of Blue Ridge School, a historically-significant Episcopal boarding school in Greene County. Designed by noted architect Ralph Adams Cram, Gibson Chapel features a gable-roof and was completed in 1932 in Gothic Revival style using uncut native fieldstone. Erected two years later, the Martha Bagby House is a Tudor-style dwelling also built with native fieldstone. Known as the Headmaster’s House, it was formally named after Martha Bagby, a major benefactor to the Blue Ridge School.
Location: St. George
Image: Public Domain