Cooperative Education Association (Mary-Cooke Branch Munford)
Established in 1904, the Cooperative Education Association advocated for public education reform in Virginia. Under the guidance of longtime president Mary Cooke Branch Munford, the Cooperative lobbied political leaders and citizens to lengthen the school term, modernize facilities, increase school supplies, create rural high schools, develop agricultural and industrial programs, improve teacher training and establish local improvement societies. In 1933 the association merged with the Virginia Branch of the National Congress of Mothers (later the Virginia Congress of Parents and Teachers).
Image: Virginia Museum of History and Culture